Adding new access point to Cisco Mobility Express Network
Before proceeding, have you read our article on configuring your very first Mobility Express solution in your network
Prerequisites of adding new APs to Mobility Express network:
- All APs in a controller based wireless environment should be in the same software version, so whenever a new AP is added to the Cisco Mobility Express network, the controller will need to push the same software version (its running 220.127.116.11 in my case) to these APs. But unlike hardware wireless controller, Mobility Express need an external TFTP server to push the software to APs.
Steps to follow:
- Download the relevant software version of your controller, 18.104.22.168 from Cisco.com
- Unzip the bundle and copy to root folder of TFTP server
- Login to Mobility Express > Management > Software Update
- Configure TFTP settings as below and Apply
- Configure network switch port GigabitEthernet 0/10 of the new access point
interface GigabitEthernet 0/10 switchport trunk native vlan 10 switchport trunk allowed vlan 102,180,200 switchport mode trunk
- After you plug-in the AP to switch port GE 0/10, the controller will push the above software, reboots AP and get it automatically connected to the wireless network.